Expand access to your library’s collections with a free WorldCat holdings update Your library’s holdings in WorldCat enable people to find items in your collections through WorldCat.org—connecting from popular websites like Google Books, Wikipedia, and Goodreads—and other OCLC services like WorldCat Discovery, FirstSearch, WorldShare Interlibrary Loan, and Connexion.
Does WorldCat present the best view of your library?
Accurate holdings in WorldCat are vital to ensure people can find and access all resources currently available in your collections. Up-to-date holdings also ensure they see your latest acquisitions, without viewing items you no longer own.
Update holdings for free
You can now use a new, streamlined process to update WorldCat holdings at no additional charge with your current OCLC subscriptions. When you send your library’s complete MARC 21 catalog data, the process matches your records with WorldCat and: Adds holdings to matching WorldCat records Removes inaccurate WorldCat holdings Adds new records when a matching record is not available Secure your project now This free option is only available for a limited time, so submit your request soon to ensure your library’s update is scheduled. Project requests will be accepted through 31 May 2022 and all catalog data must be submitted by 15 June 2022.
Just submit a request at oc.lc/holdings-request and an OCLC holdings update expert will contact you with details.
Cleaning and Disinfecting
Plan, Prepare, and Respond
Guidance for Cleaning and Disinfecting
- CDC/EPA guidance for businesses, public spaces, workplaces, schools, and homes
- Additional guidance for cleaning and disinfection, including when someone is sick
- Disinfecting your non-emergency vehicle
- Guidance for Reopening Buildings After Shutdown
Verify the Online Catalog links to connect your patrons and staff to your local catalog to view the local call number and shelf status for items they are seeking.
• Go to WorldCat Registry > Online Catalog Links to get started.
• The Suggest Links feature will automatically generate URL syntaxes for many vendors and online catalog products. These suggested links appear in the search by ISBN, search by ISSN and search by OCLC Number sections.
• Use the Test button to verify that the suggested links work as expected in your local catalog. You may substitute your own ISBN, ISSN or OCLC number for the suggested ones; this ensures that the item is part of your library’s collection.
• Tutorial: Configure links to your library’s online catalog
• Documentation: Linking from search results to your OPAC
Available for free. They have packs of 50. You may order up to 4 packs at a time. There is a main label and then a customer receipt on the label book. You can write information that will help keep track of transaction numbers or titles. Check the margin for the link to the USPS page. Did I mention that the labels and the service are free?